To test your web tracker installation and ensure that it will capture all your visitors activity, follow these steps:
- If you have already installed the tracker code and it appears on ALL pages of your website, proceed with the steps below. If not, install the visitor tracker code first by finding an appropriate installation tutorial here.
If you believe you have installed the visitor tracker code properly and it appears exactly in the same format as provided in the web page HTML source view, but is not displayed on your web page, disable any AD blocking software you may have installed for the browser you are using. Ad blockers may unnecesary block important website design elements.
- Login to your MobileTracker account
- Click on [My Account] / Settings, then scroll down to the bottom of the page to IP BLOCKING section. Uncheck "Block this computer automatically" and remove any IPs you may have entered in IP address boxes. Click on the UPDATE button. If tracking testing needs to be performed by an Authorized User, the same procedure has to be done for an Authorized User account. An authorized user would need to login from his or her computer, and uncheck automatic blocking to remove the blocking cookie from that particular computer. Once the automatic and IP blocking is disabled, your tracker will be able to log your own test visits.
- Go to [My Projects page], click on the  link for the project you need to check and you'll be taken to the [Project Settings] page. Uncheck the "Domain Tracker Security" and the "Invisible Tracker" check boxes. Click on the UPDATE button.
- Visit your website and check that exactly the same the tracker icon shows on ALL pages of your website. Your visits at this point will also appear on your visitor tracker logs. It is suggested that you install the tracker code in the header of your website before all other content, especially if your web page has multimedia content, such as music and videos. Installing the tracker in the header of your site will guarantee that the visitors are detected right at the point of entry to your website.. If the tracker icon is on the bottom of your website, it will be loaded as last element, and you may miss some tracking information due to slow loading pages.
- If you have followed the steps above, and see the visitor icon on all pages of your website but your project still does not detect your visits, you probably have not completely disabled IP blocking or have a wrong tracking code installed. The tracker code may simply belong to another account or another project. If you have installed a tracker icon that shows visitor count or page loads count, you can verify if that's the correct tracking code by clicking on the project  link on [My Projects] summary page and comparing the corresponding counter value displayed on your website to the value specified on the bottom of your project's settings page.
Note: If you are using "Block this computer automatically" feature under your account settings, whenever you login to your MobileTracker account from any computer, MobileTracker will automatically set a cookie that will prevent that computer from being logged by any of your projects. In order to deactivate auto blocking, you need to clear the cookies on a specific browser that you'd like to be tracked by your projects.