If you don't have a tracker code, either sign up for a new account at Mobile Tracker or login to your account to generate a tracker code:
- To create a new project with a new tracker code, click on "Add New Project" link located in the upper user menu.
If you have a complete access to all of your website files:
- Find a header or a footer file of your website that's embedded into every single page of your website so you could track all pages of your pages by placing your code only once. If you do not have a header or a footer file, install the code on every page of your site manually.
- Open the html or htm file in a text editor, such as a notepad (Do not use an editor such as Frontpage or other HTML editors in text/graphic editing mode as it will alter your code) and place the code so that it's positioned after the <body> tag. If your tracker code shows up as code when you view your page, you did not switch your editor into HTML code / Source code editing mode before placing your tracker code.
- Save the changes to your pages and if you have worked offline with your pages, upload them to your server
- Verify that the tracker icon shows up on all pages. If you are a premium MobileTracker subscriber you also have an option to enable an invisible tracker mode
- Copy and paste the code either in the "About Me" section, or the comments section of your web page. The code has to be placed preferably to the very top of the page to guarantee that ALL of your visits are captured. If your web text editor has options, switch editor to HTML/Source code mode first before pasting your code.
- For installation instructions on a specific type of a social networking site, you can browse this user installation guide.